The temple is named after the
local village Hua Khoo and houses a
Buddha image that
reportedly was left in the village as a souvenir by King
Taksin, who around
1767 AD had passed by the place when he to took his troops to
to fight off the Burmese and to increase his own forces and fighting
strength with men liberated from the city.