FORWARD | BACK | DATA FILE | REGIONAL MAPS | LEXICON | MAP | SUMMARY

PROVINCIAL ESCUTCHEON

  

 

 

 

 

Prachuap Khirikhan

The escutcheon of Prachuap Khirikhan shows the royal Kuh Ha Sawan Hall (fig.) in the Phraya Nakhon cave at Khao Sahm Roi Yot National Park (fig.), and in the background the island Koh Lak. This mondop-sala was built by order of king Chulalongkorn in the year 1890 after his second visit to the cave. The island refers to the vicinity of the sea.

See POSTAGE STAMP.