originally with arrows in the archer's case on his back and holding an arrow
in one hand and a bow
in the other (fig.).
It is known as
Narai song peun,
though is generally
referred to as
plaeng son. It was made on the orders of
Chulalongkorn for his summer palace in
Phetchaburi and was commissioned in 1910. The king
died the same year and the statue was later given to the
in Bangkok (fig.) by Rama VII.
It now stands in front of
Phra Thihnang Phutthaisawan (fig.).