Ho Chi Minh City Hall is in the French colonial style and its construction
by the French colonialists
was completed in 1908 when the city was still known as Saigon.
When the city in April 1975 fell to the Viet Cong, it became the head office
of the Ho Chi Minh City People's Committee. A statue of Ho Chi Minh (fig.), locally
referred to as Uncle Ho, is erected in a garden in front of the former city
See THAILAND'S NEIGHBOURS & BEYOND