Fatehpuri Masjid (Masyid),
later also known as Jama Masjid, is a
mosque built in 1650, during
the golden age of
architecture, and is located
at the western end of Chandni Chowk (fig.),
one of the oldest streets of Delhi.
It was built by
Shah Jahan, the fifth Mughal Emperor who also built the
Red Fort and the Taj
Mahal, and was originally named after
one of his wives, who was from the city of Fatehpur.