SUMMARY | PHOTO GALLERY | NEXT PICTURE | PREVIOUS PICTURE | | LEXICON

CITIES & PLACES OF INTEREST

  

 

 

  Aisawan Thipphaya Asana

 

Thailand

The Aisawan Thipphaya Asana pavilion at Bang Pa-in. It was built in 1876 by order of king Rama V, after the Aphon Phimok Prasat pavilion in the royal palace in Bangkok, which was built by king Mongkut who used it to exchange the kakuttapan before boarding his royal palanquin.

 

Today, the pavilion houses a statue of Rama V dressed in the uniform of Field Marshal, which was erected by his son Rama VI. On the right is the entrance to the Varophaat Phimaan palace.

See POSTAGE STAMP (1) (2).

 

  Aisawan Thipphaya Asana