Wat Yai Chai Mongkon (fig.) in
Ayutthaya. Built in 1592 by royal commission of
to commemorate his victory over Burmese oppressors, led by their viceroy,
whom was slain by King Naresuan in a duel on elephant backs
in Nong Sarai, near Suphanburi. The top part of the chedi from the conical
rings upward is known as
plong shanai (fig.).
See also POSTAGE STAMPS.