SUMMARY | PHOTO GALLERY | NEXT PICTURE | PREVIOUS PICTURE | | LEXICON

CITIES & PLACES OF INTEREST

  

 

 

  Wat Mahaeyong

 

Thailand

Wat Mahaeyong in Ayutthaya was built in 1438 AD and was commissioned by King Phra Borommarachathirat II, who is also known as Sam Chao Phraya and who reigned from 1424 to 1448.

 

The main chedi's elephant terrace has a square base, which is surrounded by rows of white elephants, and is reminiscent of Wat Sorasak in Sukhothai (fig.).

See POSTAGE STAMP.

 

  Wat Mahaeyong