SUMMARY | PHOTO GALLERY | NEXT PICTURE | PREVIOUS PICTURE | | LEXICON

CRAFTS & INSTITUTIONS

  

 

 

  Chulalongkorn Buddhist University

 

Thailand

The Ayutthaya campus of the Buddhist Chulalongkorn University, which is known in Thai as Mahawithayahlai Maha Chulalongkon Ratcha Withayahlai (fig.).

 

The university was founded in 1887 by King Rama V and began offering academic classes in 1889 in Bangkok, yet in 2000, this new and larger main campus has been built in Wang Noi, while the university now also has several extension campuses nationwide. The university features a statue of its founder King Chulalongkorn, which is erected in front of the Museum of Holy Scriptures.

 

  Chulalongkorn Buddhist University

 

  Chulalongkorn Buddhist University

 

This edifice, in Thai known as Ahkahn Phiphithaphan Phra Traipitok (อาคารพิพิธภัณฑ์พระไตรปิฎก), is set in a rock garden adorned with grass, bushes and palm trees.