SUMMARY | PHOTO GALLERY | NEXT PICTURE | PREVIOUS PICTURE | | LEXICON

HISTORY & MONARCHY

  

 

 

  Louis T. Leonowens old warehouses

 

Thailand

The remains of the former warehouses of the Louis T. Leonowens Company, Ltd. which was founded in 1905 by Louis Thomas Gunnis Leonowens, the son of Anna Leonowens, who was hired as a nanny at the court of King Mongkut.

 

The former Cavalry Captain was involved in the teak trade and these depots are located adjacent to Ban Lek Tih Neung (fig.), in between the Chao Phraya River (fig.) and Charoen Krung Road (fig.).

1343'46.0"N 10030'51.3"E

 

  Louis T. Leonowens old warehouses